Dak Prescott Girlfriend Natalie Buffetts Jacket Statement Went Viral on Social Media

Posted by Tamela Phillippe on Thursday, May 2, 2024

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott had had a stellar year.

The athlete has the Cowboys on a four-game win streak in the playoffs, an achievement the team has not been able to celebrate for three years.

While Prescott may have stunned the crown with four touchdowns against Washington on Sunday, Dak Prescott girlfriend, Natalie Buffett, made a bold fashion statement on the sidelines.

Sporting a denim jacket with ‘Cowboys make better lovers’ embroidered on it, Buffett’s jacket went viral on social media.

Who Is Natalie Buffett?

Prescott is notoriously quiet about his private life, and after losing both his mother and brother, he often refuses to discuss his romantic relationships in the press.

Reports of Prescott dating the 24-year-old influencer came out in July 2020.

Buffett boasts over 66,000 followers on Instagram and usually posts photos of trips and celebrations she and Prescott take part in.

Born in Florida, she studied civil engineering at Southern Methodist University. Buffett decided to turn her attention towards social media, sharing glimpses of her healthy lifestyle, recipes, and style tips with her followers.

After her career as an influencer began to take off, Buffett joined the modeling world and has been featured as the COED Girl of the Day for her online presence.

Her Relationship With Prescott

Buffett has been highly supportive of the quarterback on social media and is regularly seen supporting him at every Cowboys’ game.

Prior to the jacket, she was photographed wearing a pair of shorts with Prescott’s jersey number in September.

The game September game against the Buccaneers in Tampa, held in the Raymond James Stadium, was significant to Buffett, who took to Instagram to send a message to her partner.

“Grew up in this stadium wearing my [Mike] Alstott jersey to every game. Only to move out of my home state and come back to cheer on my own boyfriend in the same stadium surrounded by my family. God is good,” the Florida native wrote over an aerial photo overlooking the Bucs home field. Go get em babe @_4dak.”

Although Prescott and his team lost 29-31, Buffett told her followers that she was grateful to the game and the relationships it brought her.

Prescott has stated that his relationship with Buffett was a huge factor in his recovery from a severe foot injury last season.

Rumors Of Prescott’s Retirement

In October 2020, the quarterback suffered a brutal leg injury during the win against the New York Giants, putting Prescott out of commission for the rest of the season.

Prescott had to undergo multiple surgeries after the incident and thus had to take medical leave until doctors were sure he could make a full recovery.

His road to recovery was a period of uncertainty, as an injury as severe as Prescott’s had led many star athletes to early retirement.

Despite the worries about his future with the NFL, Prescott had a strong support system around him.

Championed by his girlfriend, Prescott was not ready to hide from the public and kept up with regular appearances on Buffett’s social media – including a Halloween photoshoot where he sported his full leg cast and crutches.

He owes his recovery to an AI machine, the OxeFit XP1, which he helped fund and was a significant investor in during his recovery period.

According to Prescott, the AI technology analyzed his squatting form and located the issue with him putting too much weight on his leg.

He was then given instructions on how to restructure his rehab exercises so he would be safe in the long run.

In May 2021, Prescott appeared in an interview with Sage Steele on ESPN to discuss mental health in the sports world.

The year before, the star quarterback had decided to begin treatment for anxiety and depression after his older brother Jace committed suicide.

“When you have thoughts that you’ve never had, I think that’s more so than anything a chance to realize it and recognize it, to be vulnerable about it,” Prescott told Graham Besinger. 

He added:

“Talked to my family, talked to the people around me simply as I did at the time. Some of them obviously had dealt with it before, was able to have those conversations and then reach out further just to more people.”

Having lost his mother to colon cancer in 2013, Prescott relied heavily on his brothers’ support and said the loss of their mother affected Jace the most.

Aside from his family and girlfriend, Prescott knew he needed to reach out to the team for their support.

Prescott expressed how he was handling the tragedy, injury, and pandemic to teammates and sought help from sports psychologist Chad Bohling.

The Post-Injury Slump

At the start of the 2021 NFL season, it seemed as though Prescott had made a full recovery and was back to top form.

Seven games in, however, it seemed as though the Cowboy’s offense needed work.

Many fans predicted that Prescott’s recovery may not have been as far along as it should have been and that the quarterback was struggling to re-join the game after an extended period away.

Fans and football analysts believed his right calf had some lingering physical damage that was stressing Prescott out mentally and physically.

On December 28, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones retracted his earlier claim that Prescott was in a slump after the quarterback performed spectacularly in back-to-back games.

Prescott’s performance against Washington was a momentous event for the Cowboys.

They ran up the highest single-game point total in this year’s NFL season with their 56-14 win.

Prescott completed 28 of 39 passes across 330 yards and ended the game with four touchdowns.

In his weekly 103.5 The Fan radio appearance, Jones joked about the existence of a Prescott slump.

He said: 

“Of course, I think the execution says it all. … The play-calling was outstanding. The execution. His reads. His ability to get the ball off, get his feet right, make those throws. All of that worked. … We got the (run/pass) balance going.”

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCwwKRkqaqVqLCwwNNmnqKqnJu%2FqrHNnWSnmaSWuaqxjJusn56VqcFuv9Oaq56llaPBcA%3D%3D