Kronk Gym boxing professional Jacob Bonas killed in wrong-way car accident

Posted by Fernande Dalal on Tuesday, May 7, 2024

The Kronk Gym community in Westland, Michigan, is grieving the loss of Jacob Bonas, a true boxing great, following a devastating wrong-way crash on the Lodge freeway. Jacob Bonas, a well-known and respected professional boxer, has left an indelible mark on the sport, showcasing exceptional skill, determination, and spirit inside the ring.

In the early hours of Friday morning, tragedy struck as Jacob Bonas was involved in a head-on collision on the Lodge near Trumbull in Detroit. Police reports indicate that he was driving his Ford Fusion in the wrong direction and collided with a GMC Sierra. The driver of the pickup truck suffered minor injuries, but sadly, Jacob Bonas was pronounced dead at the scene.

LaTonya Wingate shared,

“I can’t believe you’re gone so soon! Reminiscing on all the days we shared getting ready for fight time! Man I hated when Hill would say “Tonya and Jacob Bonas glove up!” I already knew that meant time to fight for my life!! Cuz you never stopped punching smh! You were more than just a talented fighter! You were my brother and I’m truly going to miss you! I’m praying for Joseph Bonas and the entire famil. may the peace of God be with you all!”

Jacob Bonas, born on September 20, 1993, had a passion for boxing from an early age. Hailing from Detroit, he not only exhibited exceptional boxing skills but also displayed unwavering dedication and resilience throughout his career.

In the boxing world, Jacob Bonas’s performances were nothing short of spectacular, drawing large crowds and earning the admiration of both fans and fellow fighters. His record stood as a testament to his brilliance and hard work, serving as an inspiration to aspiring fighters worldwide.

Jacob Bonas wasn’t alone on this journey; he shared his love for boxing with his brother, Joseph Bonas, forming a formidable team. The Bonas brothers were a force to be reckoned with, showcasing their skills and promoting their fighting careers.

Despite facing legal obstacles in his professional boxing journey, Jacob Bonas continued to persevere and excel in the sport. His impact on the Romanian population of Detroit was profound, drawing immense support and turning out in large numbers to cheer for him during his fights.

The Kronk Gym community, where Jacob honed his skills and left an indelible mark, is deeply saddened by this loss. Erskine Wade, head trainer at Kronk Gym, fondly remembered Jacob as a great guy and a boxing enthusiast, always returning to the ring regardless of life’s challenges.

Jacob Bonas’s legacy will be remembered, cherished, and celebrated in the boxing world and beyond. He leaves behind a void that will be hard to fill, but his spirit lives on as a reminder of the power of dreams, dedication, and the enduring spirit of Detroit. The boxing community extends its deepest condolences to his family and loved ones during this difficult time.

ncG1vNJzZmiin5fAo7vTrGWcp51kuLO7zaRkoLGdYq%2BwxMinnmaooqSzpr%2FSoqanmZxit6Kvzptkm6eelsBut8ilo56cXZ67bsPRqKWgZaeWxm6vwKtkmpuTnrGmutNo